Oldskoolyzf

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 am 
banana hammock expert

yeah, as long as its pulled from a carbed bike you should be okay (FI uses higher fuel pressure tho). I looked on napa's website but couldn't find it anymore, if you go into the store ask them for a low pressure fuel pump.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:52 pm 
Brand Spankin' NewBie

Well I finally got to the bike, put the carbs in and the pump from the fzr 600. I don't know if I put it in wrong or the connecting tube is clogged. If anyone can tell me how I would know the pump is working, please let me know or a method I can check if the tank is flowing. Having a problem turning the bike over also, pressing the start button and sometimes it turns over, sometimes it doesn't so I am charging the car battery I am using at the moment. Looking on the forum of a low priced replacement number.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:10 pm 
Bill picks on me, i kiss his *cus-word*. the big wheels keep on turning

well walmart sells bike batterys not sure on the cost.

locally we have a store called fleet farm and they have a brand called "road runner' and you can get a non sealed battery for our bike for about 30 bucks, sealed though is 70, i have the sealed and have had no battery problems in the last 3 years ive i had that one. a yusa battery will be over a 100 for sealed

umm ur starting prob could be the battery for sure so let us know how that turns out. could be started clutch or starter relay too.

for the pump if you have it hooked up pull the end from the carbs and put power too it. probably should have a catch can ready for any gas that might come out. the pump for starters should make a noise if its running, if no noise you have an electrical prob or a busted pump

did you leave all the stock pump bits in place (i would have)

if so you still have the vaccum actuated petcock. now the pump should pull past it but you make want to suck on that hose a little to open the petcokc and see whats what, dont go over 5-6in of vac (if you have a gauge or a pump)

A monkey can memorize facts, but ask one to rebuild a set of forks.....
-Bpro

I've been in the basement a few times

2nd Gear Rebuild Vids Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/vashtsdayto ... sults_main

Fork Rebuild: https://youtu.be/7sgxwyaRDO8

I have carb parts viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3408

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:19 pm 
Brand Spankin' NewBie

**Update** I got tired of watching the bike sit there in the front of my apartment window so I borrowed a trailer and took the bike to a shop. I dropped it off on the 15th and they told me that it would be fixed by the 18th. (fix the electrical system, no more frying the 75 watt fuse, new tires mounted, clean the carbs, remove the alarm system on it that wasn't working: basically get it running) the bill started out at $524. On the 18th I was told that they will get to it on the 19th. On the 19th I was told they have to clean my tank and coat it before they do anything else - $150 and 3 more days. On the 21st I get the call I need to get new brakes $31 x 4 and $26 in labor. On the 24th the fuel pump was bad but everything was done and ready to go. Tried to charge me $220 for a new one that he couldn't find... Went to Napa and got a low pressure pump like was suggested and gave it to them on the 26th.
I finally picked up the bike on the 29th, it sounded wonderful. Purrrrr like a kitten... then the fun begins.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:56 pm 
Brand Spankin' NewBie

From the beginning the tires was slick as hell. I understand that. No turns. I start riding the bike and it feels like it wants to come out from under me. Alot of wheel spinning. I get 10 miles into the ride and look down and see fuel spilling on the floor. So I think the fuel pump is overflowing the bowls because of to much pressure. I feel the bike bogging down. No fuel, I push it into a parking lot and eat something then push it to the gas station. Go to riding and see there is to much fuel coming out so I pull over and pull up the gas tank, one of the bowls screws are missing. Are you serious?! I have an extra carb set at the house so I just got to make it there, but the fuel is pouring. I check the tank and a gallon of fuel is already gone... I can't find a friend with a truck. So I make it home by everytime I get to a light or stop sign by turning off the bike so the pump stops pumping. It starts raining. I get a 3 block to my house and like the statistic gods proving a point I pull into the complex and make a turn and the back tire spins out from under me and I highside when the bike goes sideways. I flip on to the floor but I am fully protected (knee pads, full gear). I jump up and look at my bike and walk to my apartment. I come back with my brother and pick up my bike. Stator cover is scratched up pretty bad but the mirror saved all the plastic. I need a new mirror. Good thing it went down on the left side and didn't mess up the exhaust...
was it the fuel, the rain or the new tires... someone tell me something

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:16 pm 
Bill picks on me, i kiss his *cus-word*. the big wheels keep on turning

im sorry to say, but i think you should have turned right around and went back to the shop once you saw fuel leaking.

I am terribly sorry about the accident though. it really sucks and we all know it, because we all have done it.

A monkey can memorize facts, but ask one to rebuild a set of forks.....
-Bpro

I've been in the basement a few times

2nd Gear Rebuild Vids Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/vashtsdayto ... sults_main

Fork Rebuild: https://youtu.be/7sgxwyaRDO8

I have carb parts viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3408

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:33 am 
Elementary OldSkooler

I feel you on the whole "looking out the window of your apartment" I'm glad you're ok though from your accident. I too paid $500 for my bike and had to result in taking it to the shop...I just didnt have the time to spend trouble shooting it and I dont know enough about bikes or carb's to know really what I'd be looking for or how to take it apart.

I agree with Vash, I'd be calling the shop to complain. It's their job to make the bike run and stay running...they should have let the bike run for a while since I'm assuming it has been sitting for a while? But ya that's my best advice too.

As for why your tire spun and the bike went sideways, I guess it could be a few things? Rain brings the oils from the ground up...maybe you hit a spot that had more oil?

"Give me a minute and I'll change your mind,
give me a bullet and I'll change your life"

-Chris-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:00 am 
Brand Spankin' NewBie

So the gas was spitting from one of the carb bowls because they forgot to put back in the drain screw. How can they miss that? Especially if during syncing? And to top it off I get on the back on the bike after my arm heals (just a little sore), I go for a ride and I have a fear of turning on the bike after going down. Worried about the wheel spinning out from under me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:24 am 
Elementary OldSkooler

I was kind of the same way. This is my first bike in 7years. I wrecked my last one. But riding sharp turns still is a little unsettling for me. My last bike wasn't a sportbike so I'm still learning that I can lean a lot further with this bike than I could with the last one. You just have to get back on and go again. Its like riding a bike, if you stopped riding after every time you fell as a kid you'd probably never get back on. I don't mean to sound like a dick but...suck it up and get back on it. Thats what I did.

"Give me a minute and I'll change your mind,
give me a bullet and I'll change your life"

-Chris-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:26 pm 
Brand Spankin' NewBie

Your not sounding like a dick, your 101% correct! I went riding on Saturday early morning. I rode from 9 am to 7 pm. By 11 the jitters had stopped.I went to place where they perform the motorcycle classes to do the course. They had many classes so I just said screw it and hopped on the highway. I was unsettling at first but I stayed a cars pace and then pulled into a an empty parking lot did about 50 turns in each direction and about 100 figure 8s. I am still a little reluctant to turn to the left but to the right I lean "OK". Went out Sunday and rode for about 6 hours. Its going to get there.
Now I need to tune my bike. I feel some power is missing.