Oldskoolyzf

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:15 am 
Undead . Restraint, never had it, never will

both will work, I prefer to trailer and save my "butt time" for the backroads.

"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding! Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it in the nose with the rolled-up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" My Hero.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:46 pm 

well its now less than a month off, I am still on, anybody else? chime in.

I will prolly show up for the last day of the YZF600R rally and stay until the fourth of July. The Idea of knocking about the smokeys really appeals to me for some reason......

"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding! Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it in the nose with the rolled-up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" My Hero.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

Bpro wrote:
well its now less than a month off, I am still on, anybody else? chime in.

I will prolly show up for the last day of the YZF600R rally and stay until the fourth of July. The Idea of knocking about the smokeys really appeals to me for some reason......

I'm all about it, but pending my carbs get cleaned, I call and reinstate my insurance, and the "house" situation doesnt ruin me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:28 am 
Bill picks on me, i kiss his *cus-word*. the big wheels keep on turning

i still cant go, :( anybody wanna meet in like august or something?

A monkey can memorize facts, but ask one to rebuild a set of forks.....
-Bpro

I've been in the basement a few times

2nd Gear Rebuild Vids Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/vashtsdayto ... sults_main

Fork Rebuild: https://youtu.be/7sgxwyaRDO8

I have carb parts viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3408

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:57 pm 

well its just a over week away, who is going?

I will prolly be heading down on friday 6/22 to catch the YZF guys and head on down to tellico on monday.

If no one else plans to go I might get a bit more adventurous and move around more so let me know so that I dont miss anyone.

Vashts, Jon and I will be attending the fall FJ1200 rally at tellico plains SEP 12-16 and you are more than welcome to hang out with the small bike minority...

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:10 pm 
Site Admin

I wish I could.... my house situation is getting insane.... I lost the house I had a contract on JUST LAST NIGHT, then today, A lady wants to buy mine full price (go figure!) then while out on the boat with my boss he tells me that he's getting transferred to the office in Manassas to run it better and he apparently told his boss that he wasn't going without me, so I'm supposed to fill my wife in on this tonight some time.... Just crazy over here..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:39 pm 

so is anyone going to our meet?

and bill this fall sounds very very possible

-Bpro

2nd Gear Rebuild Vids Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/vashtsdayto ... sults_main

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:01 am 
Official Evil Monkey

I cannot. The Eureka Springs trip almost ruined my bike related finances.

Click the pic for my lake ride video!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sooo pissed! This is the second time we have tried to plan this and I cant make it! And it's my site! I'm furious. It will happen though.. One of these days!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:50 pm 

Looks like I will be heading down tomorrow bright and squirrley,. Since the OldSkool rally is a wash I am going to try to sneak into the banana boat rally this weekend... look forward to meeting a few of the folks over at YZF600r and getting in a few days of great twisties.

Ya'll behave yerselves while I'm gone.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

I feel like we let Bill down... :???: Take pics and maybe we can step it up a notch in the future and actually get out for a ride..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:26 pm 

JayGarmon wrote:
I feel like we let Bill down... :???: Take pics and maybe we can step it up a notch in the future and actually get out for a ride..

yeah dude seriously. if its august i could totally go!!

-Bpro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:25 pm 

It's no bigie, so far I have gotten in about 900 miles of sone really great riding, ate about 2 pounds of bar-B-q and met some fun folks... how is your week going?

I MIGHT decide to head home tuesday...or not...

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:14 am 
OldSkooler with a G.E.D.

Hello Pep's sorry I haven't posted in some time. Things went from bad to worse.

My mom meet some abusive assh*le and decided to get married to him only after 2 months. The family got her out just before he started to get really bad. Like punching and crap... they were only at the pushing phase.

The dude is a real winner. Dishonorable discharge from the military, for paralyzing his superior officer and shooting another soldier in the foot (while he slept). He's been fired from every job since for fighting with coworkers or boss. He then threatened to kill me if I continued to protect my mom.

Somewhere during this time I also needed some space for my mom's stuff and some money. I decided to sell the YZF. I had several buyers on the line, but when they got serious the bike decides it doesn't want to start. :(
So the YZF is sitting waiting for one of my non-existent free moments for me to look at it again. (It's the same problem I had over a 2 years ago and thought I had fixed)

Things are getting better now. The dude is trying to get out of his restraining order court date by saying it's all a misunderstanding. My mom has been pretty good about staying out of the abusive cycle. Yet, it takes nearly 24 hour monitoring from me so she doesn't do anything stupid. Like answer one of his 100+ calls per day.

I hope everyone is doing well. Best wishes from me.