Oldskoolyzf

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

daimyo505 wrote:
JayGarmon wrote:
Do you want me to RSVP you and put unsure on the dates?

I'm thinking about the logistics. It's ~1200 miles from ABQ, NM to TN, or 21 hours of driving as per mapquest. So I'm probably going to have to make it a two day trip to get out there. (15 hours of driving is about my max per day)

Is there a deadline as to when I can RSVP?

Dude, this is OldSkoolYZF Rally, not a school field trip where you have to have your permission slip signed or you dont go. I'm gonna put you down and put unsure on the dates since you want to go, but it's not like your saying a definate no. Just keep me posted as college schedules get confirmed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:36 pm 
Bill picks on me, i kiss his *cus-word*. the big wheels keep on turning

the only thing stopping me is money mostly but by that time who knows i might be able to make something happen. still not sure id like to trailer there but if i needed to ride there then id ride. any MN riders wanna work like a car pool or something?

-Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:39 am 
Undead . Restraint, never had it, never will

daimyo505 wrote:
JayGarmon wrote:
Do you want me to RSVP you and put unsure on the dates?

I'm thinking about the logistics. It's ~1200 miles from ABQ, NM to TN, or 21 hours of driving as per mapquest. So I'm probably going to have to make it a two day trip to get out there. (15 hours of driving is about my max per day)

Is there a deadline as to when I can RSVP?

the kabins sell out sometimes but if you dont mind tenting it or staying in someone else's kabin I dont see a problem.

Hey Jay, I like the poster, but couldnt you find a pic where my bike wasn't smashed to pieces...

"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding! Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it in the nose with the rolled-up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" My Hero.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:38 pm 
OldSkooler with a G.E.D.

[quote="JayGarmon
Dude, this is OldSkoolYZF Rally, not a school field trip where you have to have your permission slip signed or you dont go. "[/quote]

Haha, too funny. I'm just so used to graduate school, conferences, and the like. Where you have to put down some serious money (usually $300 for a conference that's without hotel and food) and then sign some paperwork. It's what i've been living for the last 8 years. @%&*, I need to graduate! :D

Being a student. I have no problem sleeping on the floor of someone's cabin if need be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:26 am 
Site Admin

Bpro wrote:
Hey Jay, I like the poster, but couldnt you find a pic where my bike wasn't smashed to pieces...

How bout you find one, All I could find was the ones from the day after your little wreck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:28 am 
Site Admin

I think too if anyone has extrea riding gear they should bring it for those who may not have complete gear. Wanna make sure everyones safe right? Hey Bpro, got a pair of 32 riding pants?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:43 pm 

JayGarmon wrote:
I think too if anyone has extrea riding gear they should bring it for those who may not have complete gear. Wanna make sure everyones safe right? Hey Bpro, got a pair of 32 riding pants?

Not since 1988.....

If you go to http://www.newenough.com and sign up on the mailing list you will get a good odder almost every week.

"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding! Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it in the nose with the rolled-up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" My Hero.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:26 pm 

JayGarmon wrote:
Bpro wrote:

How bout you find one, All I could find was the ones from the day after your little wreck.

he said littlee wreck...as if bent and kinked forks, bent front wheel, broken fender and lower fairing and bent upper and lower triples don't add up to his standards.....

here are a few pics from last years trip.

http://www.oldskoolyzf.com/gallery2/mai ... itemId=149

ImageImage

Last edited by Bpro on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

Bpro wrote:
JayGarmon wrote:
Bpro wrote:

he said littlee wreck...as if bent and kinked forks, bent front wheel, broken fender and lower fairing and bent upper and lower triples don't add up to his standards.....

here are a few pics from last years trip.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a275/bpro/06gaptrip/

Hey Bill, that link isnt for public. It asks me to login under Bpro and put in your password... You can post the pics on here or the photogallery... I got plenty of bandwith..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

Just submitted our event on TailoftheDragon.com. They should have it posted up soon. Right behind yzf600r.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:58 pm 

Cool. BTW pic link fixed.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:32 pm 
Official Evil Monkey

I'm still trying to get the wife to go for it. I'll try my best!!

Click the pic for my lake ride video!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:00 pm 
Official Evil Monkey

Is this meet limmited to old skoolers, and yzf600r.com members only? I ask because I might have some person'(s) who may want to go with, and they ride non yamy's.

Click the pic for my lake ride video!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

MilenkoKC wrote:
Is this meet limmited to old skoolers, and yzf600r.com members only? I ask because I might have some person'(s) who may want to go with, and they ride non yamy's.

Open to anyone! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:56 am 
Bill picks on me, i kiss his *cus-word*. the big wheels keep on turning

ok so heres my newest qeusiton as i have been thinking about this agian. could diablo stradas make the 2400 mile trip + the riding there? still debating on tires. its obvious a soft tire wouldnt so im wondering if the Bpro recomended could do it. but god thats a long way to ride, lol.

still thinking about it. heres another option, my car is a daytona (yeah laugh you guys laugh but im a daytona nut) towing for the car is only 1000lbs but i would think that just my bike and a small trailer (borowed from my grandpa) wich is a 4x8 single axle. id think my car could tow it. need to put a hitch on but thats no big deal. ive seen it done on other daytonas and it looks fine. just another option i guess. i just wish it was later in the summer.

A monkey can memorize facts, but ask one to rebuild a set of forks.....
-Bpro

I've been in the basement a few times

2nd Gear Rebuild Vids Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/vashtsdayto ... sults_main

Fork Rebuild: https://youtu.be/7sgxwyaRDO8

I have carb parts viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3408