All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:55 pm 
Undead . Restraint, never had it, never will

We are tentatively leaning heavily toward the following dates:
ORANGE dates = pre/post extended time.
YELLOW dates = Official Rally Days

Tuesday, june26, 2007-show up pre rally fun, possible early bird riding clinic

Wednesday, June27, 2007- Pre-Rally ride

Thursday, June 28, 2007 official first day, riding clinic , cookout at Cherohala diner.

Friday, June 29, 2007 spend the day at and around the dragon.

Saturday, June 30, 2007 large loop possibly including the Blueridge Pkwy to Ashville(iron butt day!)

Sunday July 1 (official last day of rally) Either rerun the friday routes, or head south to Such's GA for more great roads. (GA trip another long day)possibly split group. Evenng Campfire to re-cap the experience and wind down.

Monday July 2, 2007 Post-Rally ride. For those who still can't give up. Quick cherohala/hwy28/ dragon run, clear out and head home.

7310 Highway 360
Tellico Plains, TN 37385

Summary:

The KOA at tellico plains is located along a major highway, at the south end of the Cherohala Pkwy. Its about 45mins to an hout of high speed sweepers from the infamous dragon and a very bike/family friendly campground. The itinerary above is only a guideline and can be flushed out later once we have a better handle on the makeup of the group. On thursday I plan to offer a short riding clinic for the cornor impaired to help get everyone comfortable with the mountain roads. This will not be a race school but rather a series of tips, tecniques and critiques to help get you comfortable riding on roads guaranteed to tempt you into some very enthusiastic riding.

There are several good resteraunts around Tellico Plains including the Cherohala cafe/diner(???) which is a must. The entire area is famous for their own version of Bar-B Que, so we are sure to find good eats.

I will be there from tuesday June 26 thru monday July 2 taking in the local roads, but the actual rally will run from thursday morning through sunday night where a large campfire/ celebration will be in order. Monday is reserved for the 'hangover ride' and the trip home.

(the clinic is highly recommended for your own good.)

RSVP LIST (for attendance) pm JAY with days you plan to attend.

Bpro------------------Tues thru Monday
    JayGarmon-----------Arrive late Wed. thru Sun. night
    daimyo505-----------pending College Class Schedule

"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding! Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it in the nose with the rolled-up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" My Hero.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:19 pm 
Bill picks on me, i kiss his *cus-word*. the big wheels keep on turning

wow if i can find away to get there i would love that. only thing is i have to decide what meet to go too. oldskool or yzf?

still i really really want to get out there just a matter of how. i dont have a trailer right now. and im not sure about riding there just cause i cant carry a whole lot.

but where theres a will theres a way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:19 am 

pack whatever you will need including extra clothing in a box and ship it to the KOA. that way you can travel light. Just ship it back home when you leave.

Kids, sheesh

"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding! Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it in the nose with the rolled-up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" My Hero.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

Me and Bill will get up on some exact details here after the Holidays. Lets make it happen this year. I just bought my wife a new minivan for xmas and i got the upgraded tow package with oversize alternator, radiator,tranny cooler, etc. All I need is a small trailer and I'm there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Here's some details on the K.O.A.
http://www.koa.com/where/tn/42173/

Bring your Camper
Bring your tent
Stay in a 1 / 2 BR Cabin

There's a pavillion we could use for a barbeque. I could throw the grill on the trailer...

I'll probably be staying in a cabin because of the 2 small babies.

Here's the price quote I got for a Kabin on the River with 2 adults, & 2 kids. Estimated to stay Friday and Sat. Night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:54 am 
OldSkooler with a G.E.D.

This sounds totally cool!

Shipping the bike 2 ways across the country doesn't though :(. Perhaps if I buy a truck by summer ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:54 am 

Archon we had groups from the land of fruits and nuts at the last (FJ1200) rally I attended. I group drove cross country pulling a trailer and another (solo) drove a jeep towing his bike.

I'm thinking U-Haul....meet milenkoKC about !/2 way to cut costs.....

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:06 pm 
Official Evil Monkey

I do have access to a 2 bike trailer and my F150 will pull it loaded.

I sure would like to attend. Now getting the wifey to agree will be the trick. My son will be just about 2 by then, but has made a trip of 600 miles twice already. Though a solo trip could happen if I suck up enough.

June 8th-10th I will be riding down to Eureka Springs, AR. That will be an endurance test of 500 miles. There is also a slim chance of a late June TX family reunion I might ride to.

Click the pic for my lake ride video!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

MilenkoKC wrote:
I do have access to a 2 bike trailer and my F150 will pull it loaded.

I sure would like to attend. Now getting the wifey to agree will be the trick. My son will be just about 2 by then, but has made a trip of 600 miles twice already. Though a solo trip could happen if I suck up enough.

June 8th-10th I will be riding down to Eureka Springs, AR. That will be an endurance test of 500 miles. There is also a slim chance of a late June TX family reunion I might ride to.

My son will be 1 and my daughter 3. They would love some company and the wives could hang out at the park at koa or shop while we ride.

Maybe Bill can chime in with some ideas of things in the area that Wives/Girlfriends? and children can do while we ride...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:12 pm 
Official Evil Monkey

I'll speak with the wife some more about it. The one hiderence would be that my truck is only a single cab. And would not be very comfortable for the three of us on a 10-12 hr ride. I could do it on my own no problem.

If I decide to just go by myself, i'm sleeping in a tent. And i'm hauling my own food and beer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:09 pm 
Official Evil Monkey

Bump*

Any more info on the meet yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:56 pm 

*Jay has edited this post and bumped it to the top of the thread.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:32 pm 
OldSkooler with a G.E.D.

I will be a maybe. My graduate student life schedule can change in 24 hours. I will have to wait and see when the time gets closer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

daimyo505 wrote:
I will be a maybe. My graduate student life schedule can change in 24 hours. I will have to wait and see when the time gets closer.

Do you want me to RSVP you and put unsure on the dates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:52 pm 
OldSkooler with a G.E.D.

JayGarmon wrote:
Do you want me to RSVP you and put unsure on the dates?

I'm thinking about the logistics. It's ~1200 miles from ABQ, NM to TN, or 21 hours of driving as per mapquest. So I'm probably going to have to make it a two day trip to get out there. (15 hours of driving is about my max per day)

Is there a deadline as to when I can RSVP?