Oldskoolyzf

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Get OFF the couch!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:51 pm 
Undead . Restraint, never had it, never will

OK here Goes.

I have given up on the idea of an Oldskool rally, but here's the deal..

I like racing....

I like camping in the mountains....

I LOVE riding twisty backroads!

So here's the plan. Friday September 14-Sun September 16, Moto GP at Indianapolis.Riding up from Cincinnati in the morning (2 hours) and staying for the weekend. I'm putting up a tent at a friends house. You can too, or find a hotel. Tickets are $125.00 and cover all three days, Parking, parade lap, and some cheesy free gift (probably a hat or t-shirt.)

Monday Sep 17. Ride home, Recuperate, Cook out at my house. 1 spare bed, 2 couches and tons of floor space.

Tuesday September 18. 250-300 miles of northern/eastern Kentucky's finest backroads. Probably grab a hotel near Boone NC. I'm Wingin' it, but Shady Valley is a must see.

Wednesday September 19, Blue ridge parkway to Cherokee, mixed bag to Tellico Plains TN. Where I will be meeting 20 or more of my riding buddies for the FJ1200 rally. (Possibly with a YZF 600 subset)

Thurs through Saturday, Fun and Games in the Smokies, Way too many good roads to name them all, but the Dragon, Cherohala, Hellbender and many more are planned.

I will Probably Head for home Bright and Squirrley Sunday morning, and may *gasp* do a bit of slabbin to speed things up. But just a little...

So who wants to go? Consider it an open invite, but I do reserve the right to tell you to piss off if you annoy me.

Seeeah.

"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding! Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it in the nose with the rolled-up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" My Hero.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Get OFF the couch!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:02 am 
where's that ban button...... :lol: :lol: :roll:

Tell me to piss off will you?.....where's that ban button...... :lol: :lol: :roll:

But seriously, Thanks for the invite, but I plan to be just arriving in Germany.....hello Oktoberfest!! Image

I think things will calm down for me after this years over....then I'll see what I can do....I don't think there are many twisty roads in Idaho (just took a job there :D ).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:26 pm 
Bill picks on me, i kiss his *cus-word*. the big wheels keep on turning

thread JACK!!

idaho, i dont think thats good for me. i belive that would be longer shipping times for all those parts you send me. :hijacked:

A monkey can memorize facts, but ask one to rebuild a set of forks.....
-Bpro

I've been in the basement a few times

2nd Gear Rebuild Vids Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/vashtsdayto ... sults_main

Fork Rebuild: https://youtu.be/7sgxwyaRDO8

I have carb parts viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3408

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:21 pm 
where's that ban button...... :lol: :lol: :roll:

Nah, you'll just have to pay extra for overnight shipping.... :lol: