Oldskoolyzf

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: who is still here?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:30 am 
Bill picks on me, i kiss his *cus-word*. the big wheels keep on turning

the site had a hiccup recently

some might have thought it gone, but its not gone yet.

winter is coming im sure its even more dead than usual

I would like to see who still checks this board

I feel like all my boards are dying now, end of an era

A monkey can memorize facts, but ask one to rebuild a set of forks.....
-Bpro

I've been in the basement a few times

2nd Gear Rebuild Vids Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/vashtsdayto ... sults_main

Fork Rebuild: https://youtu.be/7sgxwyaRDO8

I have carb parts viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3408

Post subject: Re: who is still here?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:31 pm 
Undead . Restraint, never had it, never will

I scroll through twice a day...

In other news the Mighty YZF is back on the road. My nephew has been taking an interest in sport riding (yes the same kid who I used to post about riding MX and supermoto..). He begged me to get the bike back up to god running condition so he could ride it and possibly start doing track days.

I took it out last week for a few hundred miles and it feels like an old friend. Steering head and clutch were not particularly happy but after a good carb cleaning earlier this summer it runs great.

(full disclosure I had it out for a 500 mile weekend in the mountains a year ago but it was getting a bit rough...)

"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding! Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it in the nose with the rolled-up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" My Hero.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:46 am 
Bill picks on me, i kiss his *cus-word*. the big wheels keep on turning

im glad the bike is back to form, and someone will be putting it to use.

as seen previosuly i put some work into mine. but didnt rack up the miles i was hoping too. but it wasnt neglected this year at least. i just put my stuff away for the big sleep.

still looking for bikes.

a good track bike hasnt come my way yet.

always looking for a 97 750

and lately ive had this wild hair to try and find an equally pretty 98 R1 in Blue. the idea of a set tickles me. but again looking for un molested. and while blue is more common likewise they are more commonly modded.

A monkey can memorize facts, but ask one to rebuild a set of forks.....
-Bpro

I've been in the basement a few times

2nd Gear Rebuild Vids Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/vashtsdayto ... sults_main

Fork Rebuild: https://youtu.be/7sgxwyaRDO8

I have carb parts viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3408

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:57 pm 
Undead . Restraint, never had it, never will

Well, the bike is more like close to form...

Over the winter I plan to tear the chassis down, service everything and set it up for the kid. He was a pretty good motocrosser and skate park BMXer so hopefully he can handle a track day or two...

I like the idea of two like bikes for street and track. Not sure I would go with an R1 myself but they are definitely great bikes.

Myself I had to do some soul searching this year as I almost sold off all my bikes. RA put me in the hospital this spring for a few days and out of work for nearly a month. I tried to ride a few times on the SV1000 but after 30 minutes or so it became too uncomfortable and I can't move around like I used to. Meds have helped immensely and this fall I was able to do a few multi day, 150-200 mile rides with minimal issues.

I did modify the bike with hi rise bars (Speigler clamp kit) an improved seat for a little more leg room and a few other thinks to ease things on my hands shoulders and hips and plan to do a few more things to make it even better. It will be a full on old guy handicap special...

Give me a call sometime and catch up. I see Jon every once and a while and he would probably want to hear from you as well. Hell you are long overdue for a trip to the smokies and I guarantee I can show you the best 100 miles or so of your life.

"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding! Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it in the nose with the rolled-up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" My Hero.

ImageImage