Oldskoolyzf

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: well,,, Do I sell?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:31 am 
Bill picks on me, i kiss his *cus-word*. the big wheels keep on turning

Ok ok im not selling right now as winter is a commin'

but I gave it a summer of keeping it, I never rode it and neglected it so much as the gas went bad and the carbs had to be pulled. sorted all that, and have ridden it about 200 miles this summer. since getting the R1 that's what I gravitate too. though honestly I ride less than I used to, also to my shame, I ride the xj most. its just so comfy and lazy. I only take the R1 out once in a while when I can commit to getting out to the "good" roads. otherwise xj for cruise abouts and grocery shopping (love the luggage). also I don't want to rack up tons of miles on the R1.

lastly the R1 is actually more comfortable than the yzf600, leg positioning is more better.

soooooo

do I sell? if I sell should I put it back to stock? how far back to stock? im thinking removing the rearset relocation plates, and switch the shift pattern back to stock. leaving the rest.

iginition advancer, jet kti, exchaust, shorter dog bones, heated grips, tinted screen, coil mod, levers, r6 calipers. gear indicator prob other stuff.

take the dog bones out go back to stock?

also I have a TON of spares and some of the rare stuff.

lastly I have white wheels and balck wheels, white are on now with Dunlop Q2s, I can easily switch them out.

a very hard decision, and not about money im realistic prob $1500 to actually get it sold. I think its worth more but 2k gets you first gen R6 and most prefer that look. and yes space is short for me. but even if get a bigger place (my ambition) and storage isn't at such a premium, I just don't use it.

my reservations are: its mine lots of TLC I learned so much riding it and working on it. I rebuilt the thing, I did it all, so im attached. AND a big AND, its going to go to some kid or newb and it will likely get crashed and ive but much work and money to keep it nice.

rode it today and it was fun. mostly just for the memories though thinking back not the actual ride. I also felt pleased with myself, with just how much I can make that machine do. I OWN that bike, conversely the R1 owns me. so its a fun reflection an ego boost

A monkey can memorize facts, but ask one to rebuild a set of forks.....
-Bpro

I've been in the basement a few times

2nd Gear Rebuild Vids Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/vashtsdayto ... sults_main

Fork Rebuild: https://youtu.be/7sgxwyaRDO8

I have carb parts viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3408

Post subject: Re: well,,, Do I sell?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:00 pm 
where's that ban button...... :lol: :lol: :roll:

Hey Vash,

Funny you post this today....I logged in for the first time in years to list mine. Same as you, I normally ride my sidecar bike and haven't ridden the YZFs in a while. I guess my only comment is that you should sell it to someone you like with as much time as you've put into it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:31 am 
OldSkooler with a G.E.D.

Yeah its a tough call, I've been thinking of upgrading for the last couple of years as well. Had mine 15yrs now. I've been looking at the Triumph truxton 1200R, any one good for a loan?? :lol:

YZF600R G
Mini Moke California 81

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:36 am 
OldSkooler with a G.E.D.

WOW how quickly things can change.
I have just become the owner of a new VFR800 I think you guys in the US call them the Interceptor(deluxe).
It was a brand new 2014 model sitting in a dealership with a massive price reduction, after much haggling an agreed new Pre-Delivery and battery installed we made a deal.
That then leads me to the very sad decision that I must sell my beloved YZF.
I don't think it is worth putting a for sale on this forum as very little Oz activity (or any activity for that matter :( )
I'm going to ask AUD4500.00 and see how I go.
Will keep you posted but if any one interested let me know.

YZF600R G
Mini Moke California 81

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:59 pm 
Bill picks on me, i kiss his *cus-word*. the big wheels keep on turning

Well that is a mixed bag of news. Congrats on new bike.

I had to convert your asking that's about $3400 us. No idea what your market is like, around here that is double market. 3400 will get you early 2000s with Fi, maybe even a well loved 1000cc

A monkey can memorize facts, but ask one to rebuild a set of forks.....
-Bpro

I've been in the basement a few times

2nd Gear Rebuild Vids Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/vashtsdayto ... sults_main

Fork Rebuild: https://youtu.be/7sgxwyaRDO8

I have carb parts viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3408

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:52 pm 
OldSkooler with a G.E.D.

Yeah, I'm asking top $$$ but it is in immaculate condition and you can go down but you cant go up..
Give it a couple of weeks, but already had a couple of enquiries and someone coming for a look on the weekend.

YZF600R G
Mini Moke California 81